Question by maberry21: What is the most effective way to market an online business?
I am about to venture into starting an online business and feel overwhelmed with all the competition out there… Any tips on marketing schemes….
Answer by imisidro
The best way is to rank well in the search engines (organic search results, not the pay per click). SEs can be a big source of traffic. The key is to create the best content in your niche. If you have good content, other websites will gladly link to you and offer your site as a resource to their audience. Check the on-page factors and be sure to get linked from authority sites in your topic area.
If you’re only going to read one how-to guide to get to the top of Google, the BEST and most comprehensive resource I found is WebmasterWorld.com’s Brett Tabke’s advice “Successful Site in 12 Months with Google Alone” http://www.webmasterworld.com/forum3/2010.htm
1. Create the best content you can. Your content is your best advertisement – if visitors love your content, then they will go back and spread the word to others.
2. Make it easy for users to recommend your site. Viral marketing is very important — and easy to tap on the Web. But give your users the tools. Get a Recommend this Site script from websites such as cgiscripts.com and similar directories of scripts. Some even go as far as giving incentives to those who recommend the site to their friends.
3. Send out press releases. While outfits charge as much as $ 650 per release, there are free press release submission places on the Web. Press releases allow you to (a) attract media attention; (b) get more back links to your website without sending each website an email request; and (c) get more visibility especially if your press release gets in Google News or Yahoo News. PRWeb and my website accepts free press release submissions, among others.
4. Submit articles. Write articles and submit them to websites accepting author submissions. You get exposure for your business; establishes you as an authority in your field, and allows you to get backlinks for your website. Here is a VERY COMPREHENSIVE list of sites that accept article submissions http://answers.yahoo.com/question/;_ylt=AqmzHU_wN2q8JvMJ6ttE0ewjzKIX?qid=1006022407481
5. Syndicate your content. Use blog or RSS feeds to distribute your content. Everytime you update your content, those who are receiving your RSS feeds will get the latest info from you as well. Here is a link to Resources for Marketing Your Blogs and RSS Feeds http://www.powerhomebiz.com/onlinemarketing/blogs.htm
Give your answer to this question below!