Question by whatzit tooya: how to make a home based business?
how to make a home based business?
i am an independent AVON rep. I want to start a business from home, but don’t know where to start. I will be making customizable diaper cakes and baby bouquets and such. i know i will need business cards and a website…but what else?? help?
Answer by Anwyn
– Join all the relevant forums. If you’re making baby shower related gift items, join forums for parents, specifically new mothers. Party planning forums may also be helpful for those planning baby showers. Be helpful in those forums (e.g. don’t spam about your business) and start developing relationships and a name for yourself as an authority there.
– Identify all the large relevant blogs in your target industry. Mom bloggers, parenting blogs, party planning blogs, etc. and start commenting there. Its the same thing as trying to be helpful and supporting on the forums. Try to work up the relationship to the point where you can write guest posts for them. That will help bring you traffic to your site when you do get your site ready.
– Create a facebook page and use your network there to start developing relationships and a brand.
– Similarly to facebook, tap into your personal network and tell all your friends and family about your services.
– If you have already made custom cakes or will be making a few, take lots and lots of pictures. Post them on the relevant places online (your site, facebook, etc). Pull them out any chance you got and show people what you can do. Nothing sells better than having them see it.
So the moral of the story is to start developing those relationships!
What do you think? Answer below!