Question by mnwriter59: How do I start my own home medical transcription service?
I have been working as a medical transcriptionist, biller, coder for over 10 years. My dream is to have my own business out of my home. Any tips from anyone experienced in this?
Answer by imisidro
You can start by reading the free article “Starting a Medical Billing Business” http://www.powerhomebiz.com/vol71/medical.htm . The article covers the skills you need for this business, startup steps and costs, tips on marketing your business, and the scams you need to avoid.
You may also want to borrow from your library or buy from your favorite bookstore the following books:
– Setting Up Your Medical Billing Business : Step-by-Step Procedures
– Making Money in a Health Service Business on Your Home-Based PC
– Medical Billing : The Bottom Line
– A Basic Guide to Starting Your Own Medical Billing Business
– Understanding Health Insurance: A Guide to Professional Billing
Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!